Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Silly Twas The Night Before Christmas poem

‘Twas five days before Christmas and all through the house,
The decorations not up and Mom scurried like a mouse.
We went to the Internet to find stockings there,
In hopes that St. Nicholas won’t have to use our underwear.

The children raced around, their faces red,
With the words “HURRY!” and “QUICKLY” stuck in their head.
Mamma insane and I in my thinking cap,
Trying to figure how to decorate in a snap.

Out in the garage there was such a clutter,
I went to find something and started to mutter.
Away to the store we went for some shopping.
The kids slowed me down, but there was no stopping.

There were hundreds, and hundreds of so many rows!
Of toys, trains, candies, and bows!
When, what to my tired eyes should appear,
But the perfect star and our friend, Mr. Deveer!

Just as we finished, my brother got very sick,
And threw up all over the store’s St. Nick.
More rapid than eagles, home we came,
But then there it was just more of the same.

We continued to clean and decorate in a hurry,
Then, we decided that it was worth all the scurry.
We made cookies to eat and left Santa some,
We’re all ready now, for the big man to come.

As I fell in bed the world was all right,
Merry Christmas to you and have a good night!

10 comments:

  1. Kelly Harden (Karley's mom)December 20, 2011 at 2:57 PM

    Brenden, I loved your poem.....great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenden -
    What a terrific poem. You've showed imagination, creativity, and humor! I really like the part Mr. Deveer made an appearance in your poem and that your brother got sick and threw up all over the store's St. Nick. I hope you indeed remember that "the world is all right" and that you also have a Merry Christmas with the rest of your family.
    Rochelle Brenner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenden - That was an absolutely kickin' poem. Do you mind if I repost it to my Facebook page? I really want to share it with my friends. You are WONDERFULLY creative. Good job! Hope you come to Seattle soon to visit again.

    ~Jennifer Boehme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee Brenden, you could have a thriving writing career at the ripe old age of 9! I'm excited to see what you have to say for New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to tell Jennifer the rights to your poem don't run cheap, times are tough. Merry Christmas we will miss you!
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic poem, I especially liked your brother getting sick on St. Nick. You have a very special talent, keep using it!
    -Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenden, You are So talented! I loved reading your poem it brought a smile to my face and made me laugh :) Thanks!
    Mollie Kent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandma Boehme thinks your poem is awesome. You are a creative and awesome writer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the poem Brenden! You've got some real talent there! Look forward to reading more of your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a friend of your Mom and I read the poem on her blog. It is GREAT!! Keep writing...I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I LIVE for comments, keep them coming!